Yo, Dudes and Dudettes! My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in about 6 seconds. If not, surf yourself over to
http://www.1WineDude.com
and update your bookmarks. And keep it real!

Get Wine Smarties! The 1WineDude Tasting Guide is NOW AVAILABLE!

Moore Wine Reviews!

There are 'wine shops,' and then there are shops staffed and owned by people who are seriously passionate about vino, and just happen to also sell some of their favorite wines to the public.

Moore Brothers happens to be one of the latter. I was fortunate enough to make a recent trip to one of their stores (the location to remain a secret, lest the PA wine monopoly authorities gain an interest in how I came about the wine from the shop...), where I was greeted by a friendly staff (including fellow blogger David McDuff) who clearly knew their wine. What a refreshing change from the state-run PA monopoly wine stores...

Those of you living in the greater NY/NJ/DE area should make it a point to check out your nearest Moore Bros. store ASAP. I can't promise you a discount if you drop my name there, but I can promise they will knock your socks off with their deep knowledge of small estate wines from Germany, France, and Italy. Those of you following Dude's wine reviews in Twitter and in Chateau Petrogasm will have already seen me review some of the wines on offer from Moore Bros. (see my inset pic for an example - sorry, no wire chicken...).

I told the fine folks at Moore Bros. that I'd help spread the word by blogging up one of their pre-selected sample cases. I selected the Courtier Collection, which at $175 (correction - now $200, see David's comment) is a bargain cornucopia of boutique and smaller-estate wines from the Old World (see inset pic for an overview of what's in the box).

Over the course of the next few weeks, I'll be reviewing these wines in my Twitter wine review feed, and will post the round-up of all the related Twitter reviews here. Those of you following along at home will be able to track the Courtier Collection reviews along the way by checking out http://twitter.com/1WineDudeReview/favorites. Should be a fun ride - hope you'll jump in the back seat, and enjoy the sips along the way. If anybody out there has had experience with Moore Bros. or their wines, shout 'em out in the comments and we'll chat!

Cheers!

2 comments:

David McDuff said...

Hey Joe,
Thanks for the shout out. Just to stave off any potential disappointment or disillusionment, I thought I'd correct/update a couple of minor points.

1. Much to my chagrin, Moore Brothers does not carry any Austrian wine. Just plenty of goodies from France, Germany and Italy.

2. The Euro rocks. The dollar sucks. The Courtier went up to $200 at the beginning of February.

cheers,
David

Joe Roberts said...

Thanks, David - corrected!

I hate the dollar... even the Canadian dollar laughs at us now!!

The Wine Messenger

International Wine Accessories