Yo, Dudes and Dudettes! My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in about 6 seconds. If not, surf yourself over to
http://www.1WineDude.com
and update your bookmarks. And keep it real!

Get Wine Smarties! The 1WineDude Tasting Guide is NOW AVAILABLE!

The Official 1WineDude Wine "Mini-Reviews" Page (published via twitter)


In January of 2008, I began to get into the Wine 2.0 conversation and started to post wine reviews on twitter. For those of you not familiar with twitter, it's essentially a 'micro-blogging' platform that allows you to post short updates about what's happening in your life. And when I say short, I mean it - there's a 140 character limit enforced on each post (hence, the 'micro' part).

At about the same time, I also began participating in another form of Wine 2.0 wine review expression at Chateau Petrogasm, where no words are used - you review a wine with a sole image of your choosing.

You might expect that a limit of 140 characters (or 0 characters) would be, well, limiting. So far, I've found just the opposite to be true. Both processes have been far from limiting - in fact, they've been downright liberating.

When you're forced to boil down your reactions and thoughts in just a few words (or no words), you chose what you're going to say very, very carefully.

No scores. No detailed history of wines, regions, or winemakers. No BS. Just you and your deepest reactions to the wine!

Well, that, and the opportunity to write short, pithy posts - which is borderline irresistible to me...

For those of you not of the twitter persuasion, I've added a sidebar to the blog that will list my most recent wine 'mini-reviews.' I've also created this post, which will link to the twitter page and the RSS feed, and will show the last several mini-reviews I've posted. I will keep this post linked from the top menu as well - if nothing else, just to see how the mini-reviews evolve over time.

Hope you enjoy the recommendations (and heed the advice on the plonk to avoid)!

How to get the 1WineDude twitter wine Mini-Reviews:





Cheers!

0 comments:

The Wine Messenger

International Wine Accessories