Yo, Dudes and Dudettes! My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in about 6 seconds. If not, surf yourself over to
http://www.1WineDude.com
and update your bookmarks. And keep it real!

Get Wine Smarties! The 1WineDude Tasting Guide is NOW AVAILABLE!

Turkey Day Wine Pick Poll Results!

THANK YOU to everyone who chimed in on the first ever 1WineDude.com website poll!

Personally, I find website polls to be hit-or-miss - I prefer that a poll have a point (to gain reader feedback that will actually be used) rather than those that are just for fun (call me a party-pooper).

This poll definitely had a point, in that I wanted to see what 1WD readers were drinking on Thanksgiving this year, and also see what this highly non-scientific and possibly statistically specious poll had to say about the challenge of Thanksgiving dinner wine pairing recommendations in general.

Well, it had a point to me, anyway. And I thought it would be fun (and it is my blog, after all).

Anyway, here are The Results...


As you can see above, while a fair amount of you will be drinking Riesling (my personal fave Turkey Day pick) or aromatic Gewurztraminer, most of you picked a write-in category ("Other") - which means that you thought the other poll answer options sucked, and/or you wanted to offer a more specific recommendation.

Which brings us to "Other" - here are the varied answers offered up in the write-in categor:

  • A Rhone Red, A Spanish Red, A Cali Chard
  • Cabernet Franc
  • Zierfandler [editor's note: wow!]
  • The big winner at this year's holiday party, believe it or not, was ...Chianti.
  • Pinot Noir
  • Pinot and..maybe a Merlot maybe a Sparkling shiraz – definitely champers. [editor's note: red sparkler... awesome... most interesting pick by far!]
  • Cheval Blanc, it was getting on in age so we're going to pull it out. [editor's note: Can I come over for that?]
  • hard cider (sparkling)
  • falanghina [editor's note: I had to look this one up!]
  • Blaufrankisch
  • Pinot Noir, of course! [editor's note: okay, okay, I get the point already...]
  • still a month to go until the REAL Turkey Day here in the UK [editor's note: yes, but do you also get to watch American football on the same day? thought not...]
  • Champagne Beyatches!!!!! [editor's note: my personal favorite response]
  • Reisling [sic] AND Pinot Noir
There you have it. The people have spoken, and on Turkey Day, they want variety! They also want Pinot Noir.

Whatever you're drinking this Thanksgiving day, I wish you a happy, safe, and enjoyable time with it!

Cheers!
(images: franklinliquors.com, polldaddy.com, bizland.com)

2 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Fun post :)

Joe Roberts said...

Thanks! It was fun for me, anyway ;-) .

I ended up drinking a Riesling that was "pretty good" and a nice rose from Provence with turkey...

The Wine Messenger

International Wine Accessories